This privacy statement was last updated on November 24th, 2022 and applies to citizens of the European Economic Area.
EsoCap AG and its affiliates (referred to as “EsoCap”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the applicable data protection laws, including, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and the Swiss revised Federal Act on Data Protection (“FADP”).
In this privacy statement, we explain what we do with the personal data we obtain about you via https://esocapbiotech.ch. We recommend you carefully read this statement. In our processing we comply with the requirements of applicable privacy legislation. That means, among other things, that:
- we clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this by means of this privacy statement;
- we aim to limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data required for legitimate purposes;
- we first request your explicit consent to process your personal data in cases requiring your consent;
- we take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also require this from parties that process personal data on our behalf;
- we respect your right to access your personal data or have it corrected or deleted, at your request.
If you have any questions or want to know exactly what personal data we keep of you, please contact us.
THE USE OF OUR WEBSITE IMPLIES YOUR FULL AND UNRESERVED ACCEPTANCE OF THIS STATEMENT AS WELL AS OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS. YOU ACKNOLEWDGE HAVING READ THE INFORMATION BELOW AND AUTHORIZE ESOCAP TO PROCESS, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS STATEMENT, YOUR PERSONAL DATA YOU PROVIDE ON OUR SITE.
1. Purpose, data and retention period
1.1 Contact – Through phone, email and/or webforms
For this purpose, we use the following data:
- Name, Address and City
- Email address
- Phone number
The legal basis on which we may process these data is:
Upon termination of the service, we retain this data for the following period: 1 month.
We are committed to the security of your personal data. We take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. This ensures that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access to the data is protected, and that our security measures are regularly reviewed.
4. Automated decision-making
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making unless we have a justification for doing so and we have prior notified you.
5. Transfer of your personal data
We may transfer your personal data in the following situations:
- With our Affiliates
- With our service providers
- Where required by law
By providing us your personal data through our website, you acknowledge that your personal data may be transferred to a third country, established (i) outside Switzerland, or (ii) outside the European Economic Area, whose data protection and privacy laws may not be equivalent to, or as protective as, those that exist in your country of residence.
In case of such cross-border disclosure, your personal data will only be transferred to third country guaranteeing an adequate level of protection in accordance with the applicable (i) Swiss Federal Council’s decision or, (ii) the European Commission’s decision.
In case of absence of such adequacy decision, your personal data will still be disclosed abroad only if appropriate safeguards are guaranteed pursuant to FADP or GDPR, including EU Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses (subject to Swiss Addendum where applicable)
You can receive a copy of the appropriate safeguards and the name of the states where EsoCap intends to transfer your personal data by contacting us at the contact details provided below.
6. Third-party websites
This privacy statement does not apply to third-party websites connected by links on our website. We cannot guarantee that these third parties handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We recommend you read the privacy statements of these websites prior to making use of these websites.
7. Amendments to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to make amendments to this privacy statement. It is recommended that you consult this privacy statement regularly in order to be aware of any changes. In addition, we will actively inform you wherever possible, in case of material changes of this statement (e.g., through a notice on our home page).
8. Accessing and modifying your data
If you have any questions or want to know which personal data we have about you, please contact us. You can contact us by using the information below.
You have the following rights:
- Right of information: You have the right to know why your personal data is needed, what will happen to it, and how long it will be retained for.
- Right of access: You have the right to access your personal data that is known to us.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to supplement or correct all or certain information held about you which appears incorrect or inaccurate.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data where there are no longer legitimate grounds to continue to process it.
- Right to restriction: You have the right to restrict processing of Personal Data under certain specified circumstances.
- Right to withdraw your consent: If you give us your consent to process your data, you have the right to revoke that consent at any time and to have your personal data deleted.
- Right to transfer your data (“data portability”): you have the right to request all your personal data from the controller and transfer it in its entirety to another controller and ask to receive a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used format.
- Right to object: you may object to the processing of your data. We comply with this, unless there are justified grounds for processing and where we are relying on legitimate interest as legal basis.
Please make sure to always clearly state who you are, so that we can be certain that we do not modify or delete any data of the wrong person.
9. Submitting a complaint
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle (a complaint about) the processing of your personal data, you have the right to submit a complaint to the competent Data Protection Authority in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
The competent Data Protection Authority in Switzerland is the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (“FDPIC”):
CH – 3003 Berne
Telefon: +41 (0)58 462 43 95 (mon.-fri., 10-12 am)
Telefax: +41 (0)58 465 99 96
*If you are a Swiss Data Subjects: As per the Swiss Civil Code and the FADP, you may lodge a civil claim in case of personality rights’ infringements including regarding the exercise of your rights of access, rectification, and object but also regarding infringements related to data privacy principles.
10. Contact details
|Data Controller||EsoCap AG|
|Data Protection Officeremail@example.com|